Saturday, April 26, 2008

Prepping Studio Walls

Well, it's time. It's time to paint the studio walls. And when I say "studio", I mean "basement", and when I say "basement", what I really mean to say is "crap crap crap!" In January I wrote about my studio and how terrible it looks. I want to feel inspired when I work down there. Yes, it is a basement, but I need to keep my costs down. I can't rent a studio space, especially with a spouse that works nights and two small children at home. So, I need to spice things up. I finally bought a new heat gun today. I needed one anyways for my fellowship to work with encaustics.

Here are my new fab tools! A heat gun and razor blade.



This is a before shot of some ugly adhesive on the concrete wall. Before heat gun:

After heat gun: You can see that I tackled the spots at the top and haven't done the bottom ones yet.
Now my arms ache!

No comments: