Tuesday, April 15, 2008

New Colors and Etsy Maine Team






I fired my kiln to cone 6 (2165 degrees f) overnight last Friday and it just wouldn't reach temperature. So after 18 hours, I made the decision to turn it off. The results still came out kind of cool, I just didn't put enough glaze on most of the pieces. Here are some photos of my square plates in the red and green. The green was supposed to come out spearmint, but this plate reminds me of the 70's refrigerater we had when I was growing up. Or, I could consider it mod and feel really hip and cool.





Here is my new yellow, supposed to come out a bone color, but I think it looks like oatmeal. Here it is on a spoon rest.

We had our second Etsy Maine Team meeting last Saturday in Augusta. We have a blog now which is awesome and private forums in the making. People on the team have really come together and are working hard to make the team work. We now have weekly blog writers and private forums in the making. Very exciting.

No comments: