Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Hostas and Clouds

Three years ago my generous uncle spilt his hostas and gave me some. They are doing so well in my back yard with partial sun/shade. Right in front of them we have a bird feeder with a family of black and white warblers nesting inside. I haven't heard any peeping yet, but I felt the bottom of the house and it's very warm. I don't want to peek anymore in fear of the parents taking off.

I've been working on drawings of clouds in preparation of clay sculptures in their likeness. This is an idea for a four-panel painting/sculpture.Here is drawing for a landscape with clouds and trees. I'm am really looking forward to summer vacation when I can devote more time to my personal art.

1 comment:

SHANNA WHEELOCK said...

loved seeing your clouds live and in person! looking forward to the finished product!

love my new lily too! thanks!