Wednesday, November 26, 2008

New Encaustic Work

Here are some new encaustic pieces that I've finished in the last month. Above is titled "Orange Leaf". A few of these will be in River Roads Gallery, a wonderful little space in Skowhegan, Maine that has been showing my pottery and small clay sculptures since February.



Showing paintings is something very new for me. In the past, my paintings have been created just for me or given as gifts.




"Tree Sky"


"Green Leaf"

"Green Ovals"

I will be in the Holiday Show at the Old Crow Gallery in South Portland, Maine, from December 13-24 next month. If you're in the area, stop in and check out all the local artists. I'm the only potter so I'm really looking forward to some good sales.

3 comments:

SHANNA WHEELOCK said...

i am loving the new encaustic works - and think this is definitely the medium for you. you have always had a great sense of color - even back in the days at USM - in the painting studio. and, a keen sense of composition helps too! keep up the great work!

SHANNA WHEELOCK said...

and i should add that "tree sky" is the one i am most drawn to in this batch - though they all are amazing!

Dirt Girl said...

Yes, I agree about Tree Sky. I'm keeping it!